Re: XY4 graphics view switching

Paul Breeze wrote:
I am trying to set up XY4 fill the screen in Win98.  I can succeed using a program like FONTHT and with the correct selection of screen font.  However if I switch to graphics view then back, the screen reverts to a standard 25 line format and only fills a part of the screen again.  Is there any way to force XY4 to continue to use the same font size after switching from graphics view as it used when switching to it?

Thanks

Paul Breeze
I['ve had no trouble running XyIII+ and IV in a full screen either in Win 98 or Win ME. In the properties box that comes up when you right click the shortcut,

under Run, choose Normal Window
under Font, choose Both Font Types, 8 x12
Under Screen,  choose Full Size, and Initial Size Default.

Going in and out of graphics view doesn't make any difference.  My only suggestion is that in the SETTINGS.DFL file that's loaded on startup, you might want to try fiddling around a bit with the screen length command (which may not appear there -- it doesn't in mine -- and will have to be added). The default is 25 lines;  the example given on p 35 of the Customization Guide reads

df sl=44.
-- Nicholas Clifford mailto:clifford@xxxxxxxx