Re: Italian Xy Microlytics dictionary -- Success!

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 27 Oct 1998 12:52:08 EST

Wait a minute! Today, for no very good reason that I can think of, the Italian
Microlytics DICT.SPL (198,441 bytes) works fine in Xy4-DOS.

What I did was:

1) Make sure default ZX was set to "0". I established this setting in
SETTINGS.DFL.

2) Launch editor with expanded memory turned on, i.e., from full-screen DOS,
command: EDITOR.EXE /e2000
(I'm using OS/2, but there shouldn't be any difference. I can try it under
Win95 too, if we need to.)

3) REName the Italian dictionary as DICT.SPL, and locate it in my default XyWrite
subdirectory (make sure you have backups of the other DICT.SPLs before you
overwrite that filename!).

4) QUIT XyWrite, and re-launch it.

5) Tested the misspell "amigo" with SpellOne (func SO), and was offered the
alternative "amico".

Adriano, see if it works for you. I'm using v4.017. Contact me privately if it
doesn't work, and we'll make sure all our settings are identical,
then pick away to find the culprit.

Ciao.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx