Re: backwards pages do already printers Some

" Daniel Say's forward (10 August) on this topic is probably a godsend for users
" of some printers; but the owners of certain printers may -- as I did -- take an
" inexplicably long time to realize that their printer will do it for them on
" request.
	Which was the point of the discussion, asking
	which printers had the same ability as "good, old
	XXX printer" which had to be retired.

	Many people have never considered the paper paths
	could 'tumble' the pages in one configuration.

	Unfortunately it is only a few advanced printers
	that can print duplex--print front and back, then
	eject paper.

	Still the program is small and seems to work well
	in XY3, if you needed it. It would print ranges
	RUN PRINTB ,9-14 etc. and had self-explanations.

	Uudecode it and look at it in expanded mode.
					-- d say@xxxxxxxx
"
" Both my now-defunct Texas Microwriter (the Printer From Hell, but that's another
" story) and my current HP 5L have two ways of ejecting pages: either face-up from
" the front of the machine or face-backwards from the top. With the first of these
" printers, I spent a length of time that testifies to my stupidity thinking that
" this was merely a question of where (in terms of desktopography) you wanted the
" pages to come out: but the penny finally dropped, and I realized that the
" face-up-out-front alternative also gave me pages in reverse order.
"
" So when I want to do 2-sided printing of a long document I just have to remember
" to have the printer use the front exit for the first run (say, the rectos) and
" then switch it to use the top exit for the second run (the versos).
"
" Cheers
" Eric Van Tassel