Warning to TTG and all!

Harmon:

I posted your message (about the Microsoft Windows 95 "virus") on a couple of
other listserves and got the following -flame- response.

Ouch!

My message which accompanied yours:

>I'm relaying on a message which I believe should be of interest to
all.

>If the description of what Microsoft is doing is true, I believe that we have
>a replacement illustration for chutzpah (remember the kid(s) who killed his
>parents
>and pleaded for mercy on the ground he was an orphan?)
>
>Can anyone verify this?
The response:

NO. BECAUSE YOU ARE PURPOSEFULLY SPREADING PURE FUD WHICH IS OUTDATED AND HAS
BEEN HASHED TO DEATH ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND FIDONET MONTHS AGO.

MS's routine is first of all voluntary. It reads a little bit, with your
permission, of what you have, similar to a printed registration form which you
are asked to mail in. It then asks if you wish to send it electronically.
Again,
you can say no a 2nd time. It does not read all your drives, it does not read
all
your directories, and it does not give any secrets away. It is not viral, it
is
nothing more than described. It is used on their end for nothing more than
helping you and treated as any other registration survey that is industry
wide.

The spreaders of this fud are paranoid, OS2 zealots, MS bashers and other
generic
children and neurotics or a combination of any of these.

BTW, if you DONT send it in Bill Gates comes to your house and kicks your
mother.
Pass it on.

--
Ciao, Bill