Re: Logon

** Reply to message from Carl Distefano  on Tue, 23
Jan 2001 22:33:46 +0000

> One advantage of logging on as a uniquely identified user
> is that you can write and run XPL programs that
> do different things depending on who runs the program

Or you can run multiple simultaneous XyWrite sessions (e.g. one
Full-Screen, one in a Window), run shared programming (such as
XyShell), and permit programs to distinguish between (toggle between,
shell to, etc) specific sessions based on the runtime value (name) of
VA$LG.

FWIW, I'm startled to read of these problems with LOG files. I've
run v4.018 on every Windows platform except W2000, and never had any
protest from LOG files. Sounds like user error.(although difficult to
say without info about the corresponding LOGON entry in STARTUP.INT,
the d:\path to *.LOG and to Editor, etc)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx