Re: XyWrite 4.016 (or later) and high-ascii characters

On 06/16/97 at 05:33 AM,
  Fenda Filmes  said (in so many words):

<- Believe me. The Accent option maps the character to the high
<- characters above 255 (256 to 909) in version 4.017 and not to the
<- characters 127 to 255, as formerly. For example: Choosing from accent
<- option the [small acute a] character, will actually place character
<- 814 [small acute a] in the file. The only way to enter a [Small acute
<- a] (character 160) is by using CTRL-ALT-160 on the numeric keypad in
<- version 4.017. This is coded in the EDITOR.EXE program and thus can
<- not be changed, and the functions S1 to S7 are involved also.

I'm not sure what is causing your problem--I type French characters
(i.e., some but not as many as you) all the time with no problem. I
happen to have é mapped to ctrl-e, è mapped to ctrl-g, ç mapped to ctrl-,
and so forth--so I hardly ever use the dead key function except for
umlauts. I'm sorry this isn't a total solution, but there's hope....

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Swill champagne but sip claret