Re: XY DOS Slow and Quirky Under W2K

Thomas J Hawley wrote:

> Now, I still see instances where XY starts to slow down and
> has to be reloaded, although I have not identified the
> cause. Seems to be a memory or resource issue of some kind.
> W2K provides some DOS compatibility, but it clearly does not
> provide the robust DOS environment that I was used to in
> OS/2.
>
> I've also seen problems where I'm attempting to edit a long
> command line, and the inserts won't go where the cursor is,
> or the entire line gets really corrupted. This never
> happened under OS/2.

{soapbox mode engaged}

The list of awful things that practically never happen under OS/2
is very long indeed. If I didn't occasionally wish to run
PhotoShop, or a few other Win-32 things like QuickTime or
RealPlayer for streaming media, I might not even have NT on this
system, thus dispensing with the Evil Empire entirely. And if
Project Odin gets into the home stretch, we'll have access to the
key Win-32 app.s under OS/2 as well.

Jordan