XY DOS Slow and Quirky Under W2K

** Reply to message from "Yo Intl."  on Wed,
31 Jan 2001 08:34:50 +0900

I'm just getting some initial experience with XY4.018 DOS
under Windows 2000, and yes, there are some performance
issues. Perhaps fixable by proper configuration and
tweaking, perhaps not.

In my experience, XY runs fine when it first loads, but
then may slow down for reasons unknown.

First, there was a problem with slowness after invoking the
menus. This was fixed by changing a default setting (I
posted a detailed message to the list a week or so back.)

Now, I still see instances where XY starts to slow down and
has to be reloaded, although I have not identified the
cause. Seems to be a memory or resource issue of some kind.
W2K provides some DOS compatibility, but it clearly does not
provide the robust DOS environment that I was used to in
OS/2.

I've also seen problems where I'm attempting to edit a long
command line, and the inserts won't go where the cursor is,
or the entire line gets really corrupted. This never
happened under OS/2.

Tom Hawley
tjh@xxxxxxxx