RE: Xy into Eudora

At 01:44 PM 5/23/96 PDT, you wrote:

>Harry,
>
>Does Eudora support DDE under Windows? If it does, and if you are using >XyWrite for
Windows, you may be able to rig up a macro that opens a DDE >session, sends a "File Import
yourfile.xy4"-like command to Eudora, which >will then take over and suck in your file
from disk. Your macro would then >close the DDE connection.
Doug:
I forwarded this suggestion to the Eudora support group. DDE is a whole new level of being
for me, I know only that it stands for Dynamic Data Exchange
(I think).

>For what it's worth, I am working on something right now that does the same >thing with
Netscape. It will let me edit HTML pages in XyWin, then >automatically save them, strip
out the 1A character and open up Netscape to >display the new page-all with one help file
command. The beta version of >that will be ready for public release soon .

I may seem an ingrate, but that would have only marginal value for me, since the way I
work now is to have Xy running in a DOS window while I have
Netscape running in another window. With Netscape, I open the file I'm working on
(locally), and every time I want to see the effect of the changes
I'm making, I just hit alt-Q, which runs a delete-1A XPL program I wrote, then click on
Netscape's Reload button, and there it is. So it's just one keystroke and a click as is.

Regards,
Harry
     Harry Binswanger