Re: Printing to USB printer from XY3

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Tue, 2 Dec
2003 18:46:11 GMT

> At this stage, I have to admit defeat. I have no idea what other parameters between
> XY3 and the printer might affect the file output. Any ideas?

Yeah, you already realized the solution: write a program that TYFs the file,
then "dos/nv/z /c COPY FO.TMP PRN (or LPT#)". Done. That's _exactly_ what I
did (how I printed) for years (although now I use LPR instead of COPY because I
moved my printer from being connected directly to my machine to a printer
server). I wrote a little program called {{5ty}}, and just hit "ty
instead of "ty". What's the difference how you do it, as long as it works?

Incidentally, you can't just take a Xy4 PRN file and use it with Xy3. Ain't
gonna work. Gotta use or write a native Xy3 PRN.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx