Open-File (Another Way)

-> James Besser:
-> I used to use a similar system for calling files from
-> a regular directory. but with the proliferation of
-> projects and subdirectories, I need to be able to move
-> around more easily. Hence the need to use the weak open-file
-> dialogue box.

For Jim and others who might want to use Xy4/XyWin to navigate
the hard disk without fussing with dialog boxes, SmartSet
[SMART251.ZIP] has a routine called CALLUP which lets you change
to a directory, and get a list of files in that directory, by
pointing to the directory name. The same routine lets you CAll a
file by pointing to it. By assigning CALLUP to a key, you can
both navigate up and down the disk and open files using a single
key.

Carl Distefano
70154.3452@xxxxxxxx