Open DR-DOS

On 10/26/96 Harmon Seaver wrote:

>Ahh, yes, Annie -- you'll be glad to know that your beloved DR-DOS
>is being upgraded and being made available free to all by Caldera.
>(http://www.caldera.com)

It's my beloved DR-DOS also, and I expect a lot of other people's too. But
it's only the source code that is being made available free. Caldera
promised to fix a lot of bugs and make upgrades for the object code they
will sell, but they made no mention of fixing the inadequate multitasking in
Novell DOS-7. If only someone would fix it to allow communications during
multitasking, it would become truly wonderful. Who will put their hand to
the open source code and fix these things? I predict a multitude will, with
just as many versions forthcoming, none of them certified by anybody. It's
going to be fun.  Jim.

James Enterline  144 West 95th Street  1 (212) 865-9648 Voice/Fax .
...............  New York NY 10025   jenterli@xxxxxxxx