New kid -Reply

Mark Garvey wrote....

I am working in Xywrite III Plus, and I have two questions. 1) I
typically work with all windows enabled and am constantly
opening and shutting files as I work. I would sometimes like
Xywrite to stop me if I attempt to open a file that is already open
in another window. Is there a variable that can be set or that will
alert me in such a case?

Mark: XyWrite 4 for DOS and XyWrite for Windows both deal
with this. If you attempt to open a file that is already open in a
window it asks you "File is already open--open again?
(Y)es,(N)o,(G)o,(R)ead"

Yes and No are obvious. Go takes you to the window containing
the file. Read opens the file as read-only.

Steve