RE: XY4 can not find drive

It's not part of XyWrite but rather the operating system. If you are in
Windows 95 or later, the simplest procedure is to open Windows Explorer
(windows-key+e or go through the program menus), get a display that includes
the x folder on the d: drive, and then right-click on the folder icon. This
opens a little menu, from which you left-click on "Properties". This opens
another window that lists "Attributes" at the bottom. If the box next to
"Archive" is checked, left-click it to get rid of the check, then left-click
on "OK".

Or from DOS, enter the command "attrib d:\x"; if it lists an "A" to the left
of the pathname, then enter "attrib -A d:\x" to clear it.

I don't recall the Win 3.1 method, but the DOS one should work there.

Good luck!

Regards,

Paul Ambos
pambos@xxxxxxxx