Re: XY4 can not find directory

Reply to note from "Yo Intl. YK"  Sun, 12 May 2002
22:21:47 +0900

> >3) Now try this: Command D WA=72. Again issue the DIR
> command that >causes the error.
>
> Woha! XYwrite freezes completely when I do that.

Appearances notwithstanding, XyWrite is not freezing. The WAit
setting inserts a pause -- one second for each increment of 18 --
after each error PRompt, to give you time to read it before it's
obliterated by the next PRompt. It reveals error messages that
normally flit by invisibly in a quick succession of PRompts.

If a setting of 72 is excruciatingly slow, try D WA=36 or D WA=24.
Issue the problematic DIR command. Type slowly and carefully. If
the characters you type don't immediately appear on the CMline,
don't give up! Just wait; they *will* appear. When the command is
fully visible on the CMline and you're sure it's correct, hit F9 to
execute it. Watch carefully and write down any error message that
precedes "File not found". If there is an intervening error
message, it could provide a clue to the anomaly.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx