Re: InstallShield

Chris wrote:
There has been a bit of conversation about InstallShield and NB trying to pawn off problems to it. I know a great deal about InstallShield, especially the IS install for Xy.
What was the original problem anyway? I must have missed the message.
Bless you, Chris, if you can help me with it. When I try to install NBWIN
6.x (and v. 5.x too) under Win98 first or second edition, I get, at the end
of the install a white error rectangle that says the error is:

ISinst51
I can hit either close or ignore. If I hit "ignore" exactly 8 times, I can then load NB. But then when I exist NB, I get the same error, with the same required 8 "ignore"s.
I could go through those 8 ignores every time I want to exit NB, but of
course I'm suspicious that some greater problems are behind that.
Searching the web, I have found a reference to ISinst51 problems when using
the Logitech mouse. I do use one, though not the specific one mentioned,
and, as best as I recall (this problem has existed for about a year and a
half) I even tried de-installing the Logitech drivers and that didn't work.
This is a rough description of what happens. If you need more info, I can
go try it again and give a slightly more complete report.

Harry

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx