Re: Off topic new pc

--- Avrom Fischer  wrote:
I was even thinking
of running dos if that is possible on a dual boot pc
J R FOX wrote:

It definitely is possible. Every computer I've had
has had a real DOS boot partition as part of the
landscape. It does require a C:, though -- which must
be the first Primary partition.

Not sure just what you mean there. I've got dos,
win98 & win2k each in its own partition on the
same disk, in that order. (Of course, one needs a
boot manager, but 2k offers one.)

When any one of them boots, it makes itself C: .

The 2 windows ones give drive letters to the other
partitions serially. Dos of course doesn't see
the other, fat32, partitions. It has to be first for a question of size - it can't handle any more
than 8 Gb.
John