Re: As long as everyone else is doing it...

-----Original Message-----
From: Harrison, Shawn
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, October 16, 1998 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: As long as everyone else is doing it...

>Last time I heard, there were 117 XyWrite list subscribers. So, how about
>the rest of you? :->

1800-plus weekly political columns, a few hundred long stories, 200
weekly cyberspace columns, 1 humor book--all done exclusively with
Xy/Dos. Okay, truth be told, the first 5 columns were done on PC-Write
while I was figuring out how to get XyWrite to work.

The book pub wanted me to switch to WordDefect; I refused, and had to
go through some gyrations to get the XyWrite copy into suitable WP format,
but it was still better than switching.

Sadly, the last of my papers--most of which used XyWrite when I started--
recently converted to MS Word. I had to conduct informal seminars with
several reporters on how to continue writing in XyWrite, and sneakily import
into MsW just before sending stories along to editors.

I have Word 97 on this machine, and use it to send faxes; when I do, I often
have to consult with my 14 year old, since I still can't seem to figure it out.

There are a lot of Xy stories in the naked city....

jim besser