Re: Off topic... but may be of interest.

Harry Binswanger wrote:

Window's native Search facility can do this--or am I missing something?

9x's Find could do it nicely. W2K/XP/Vista's Search is another
kettle of fish (reeking!). The user interface is lousy, and as I proved a few months back, it simply does _not_ find all the files that match the spec: my desktop has two C: drives (on different physical hard drives); all data are on partition e:, which is visible whether I'm running XP Home or 98SE. So I gave 98's Find and XP's Search the exact same spec for files to find, and Find found a dozen that Search didn't. I'll use it when I don't absolutely have to find _all_ files that match a given spec, but it I do, I have to open a DOS prompt and use dir--or Xy and used dirlfn.
--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx