Re: still failing to install thesaurus

Sherry:

1. Make sure you copied the key codes exactly from my earlier
message. The bc and xc can't have commas in the middle. I suspect that
the keyboard was putting the command in the middle of your file
because you didn't precede it with a bc. XPL commands are written as
clumps of two letters, and text one letter at a time separated as
commas.

2. To avoid having to put a path in the program, put the thesaurus in
your XyWrite program directory. It then doesn't need a path to find
it.

3. I would suggest in order to avoid problems that may have been
introduced so far, you start this with a fresh copy of the thesaurus
program and your keyboard file.

4. If this doesn't work, I suggest you send me a copy of your
keyboard file and I will take a look at it. Use my private address.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science