Re: Using NB to Convert (was Re: XP & malware, then: Attachments and HTML )

Harry,

I don't know if this makes any sense (and I'm quite sure the
*result* would not make any sense), but, when time permits, it
might be possible for me to do a severe redaction on that document.
That would leave mainly just the formatting, plus only enough
harmless, disembodied and now non-sequitur text to hold the
formatting together. But it would in the process become
tremendously shorter. If the size of the document was
contributing something to the glitch, we will have lost that.
But this should be evident to me from a reload into NB, before
bothering to send you the shell of the document.

I think you also mentioned a couple of alternate load-into-NB
options, which I did not have a chance to try. That would seem
to be the first thing to try.

And let me confirm or dismiss something: neither Xy nor NB care
what the extension of the file (.Ltr, .Txt, .Dft -- but excepting
some like .Doc or .Rtf, in the case of NB) happens to be ?
Based on what is *inside* the file, they either recognize it as
a Xy file, or they don't ?

 Jordan