Re: How to toggle Numlock?

Robert:

Thanks for your customary exhaustive response. PFUNC CN works and solves
the problem nicely for XyWrite 4.017. But I'd like to be able to work it as
well in PMMail, etc. An inspection of x:\os2\boot\ibmkbd.sys with a hex
editor reveals that it should accept the following arguments:

 /NONE
 /NUMON
 /NUMOFF

... so that should work in V4 (Fixpak 0)

On Wed, 15 Jan 1997 19:15:56 EST, Robert Holmgren wrote:

>** Reply to note from "Andrew J. Glass"  Wed, 15 Jan 97 10:59:21
>
>There are numerous ways to affect the NUMLOCK state, in addition to func CN
>(which oughtta work). First, BIOS. Second, the undocumented argument
>/NUMOFF|NUMON in CONFIG.SYS:
> BASEDEV=IBMKBD.SYS /NUMOFF
>(I read somewhere that the supporting code to implement that was never
>incorporated into v4 GA; I haven't tried it.) Third, turn the property
>DOS_NUMLOCK to OFF (DOS_NUMLOCK doesn't appear in all property notebooks,
>though; apparently it must be part of a SysCreateObject spec when you make
>an object, otherwise it's unlisted). Fourth, get a file such as
>NUMLOCK.ZIP from Hobbes. There's also a collection called WILLUTIL which
>manipulates keys. Or -- how about this? Push the right byte onto the
>keyboard, et voil?: an 11-byte program that you can just shell to during
>STARTUP.INT with "DOS/NV/X/Z /C [d:\dir\]NUMLKOFF.COM":
>
>Moronic UUenCoder for XyWrite RexXPL v1.0 R.J.Holmgren 9/22/96
>begin 644 NUMLKOFF.COM
>+,<".V(`F%P3/S2``
>`
>end