Re: How to toggle Numlock?

** Reply to note from "Andrew J. Glass"  Wed, 15 Jan 97 10:59:21

There are numerous ways to affect the NUMLOCK state, in addition to func CN
(which oughtta work). First, BIOS. Second, the undocumented argument
/NUMOFF|NUMON in CONFIG.SYS:
 BASEDEV=IBMKBD.SYS /NUMOFF
(I read somewhere that the supporting code to implement that was never
incorporated into v4 GA; I haven't tried it.) Third, turn the property
DOS_NUMLOCK to OFF (DOS_NUMLOCK doesn't appear in all property notebooks,
though; apparently it must be part of a SysCreateObject spec when you make
an object, otherwise it's unlisted). Fourth, get a file such as
NUMLOCK.ZIP from Hobbes. There's also a collection called WILLUTIL which
manipulates keys. Or -- how about this? Push the right byte onto the
keyboard, et voil?: an 11-byte program that you can just shell to during
STARTUP.INT with "DOS/NV/X/Z /C [d:\dir\]NUMLKOFF.COM":

Moronic UUenCoder for XyWrite RexXPL v1.0 R.J.Holmgren 9/22/96
begin 644 NUMLKOFF.COM
+,<".V(`F%P3/S2``
`
end