Re: OT: Query on mirroring for Paul Breeze et al.

Harry Binswanger wrote:

> Yes, but I don't think DriveImage can do an image on a USB drive. I know it
> can't on a FireWire drive.

You may be thinking of an advantage that GHOST has had, of being able to do an
emergency Boot & Restore from a USB drive. (I'm wondering if this has changed,
now that Symantec owns both products ?) I would expect that any of these
imaging programs should be able to make an image of any drive(s) it can see.
I do know at least a couple users who are recording (internal) desktop
partition images directly onto an outboard USB hard drive, for archiving, with
GHOST.

The image files themselves can be moved around, as with any other files of that
large size, and stored on any medium large enough to contain them. What you
are able to do with them *after* that is, I suspect, the main issue.

Jordan