Re: XY and XP

Paul Breeze wrote:
The problems with a slow cursor when running in a DOS box, experienced in both Windows 2000 and XP, were fixed for the former in Service Pack 4.
SP4 attenuates the problem but definitely does not eliminate it on my system. The issue has been discussed a lot on the list. I think an accurate summary is that either the performance of W2K SP4 varies across systems, or that some people are more sensitive to the remaining jerkiness in response. My recommendation to anyone considering getting W2K is that they test it first to see if it OK for them. (It isn't usable for me.) -- Martin J. Osborne Department of Economics 150 St. George Street University of Toronto Toronto M5S 3G7 Canada http://www.economics.utoronto.ca martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne