Re: autoreplace [was auto-correct] in 3.58

TBaehr@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I have XH,AR on keys 29 and 99 in my normal table and caps lock
> table, and on
> the Ctrl table. Everywhere else, the keys are assigned ascii 0
> (zero). I just
> tried autoreplace using just the Ctrl key; it works. (The menu
> item is called
> "Expand abbreviation.")

Well, this is not "out-of-the-box," as you had mentioned, because
those lines remained unchanged from _stock_ in my keyboard. Each
of those key assignments has what looks like a blank space after
it, but I suppose they could be Ascii zeros. (The AR part I
recognize, but what is the function XH ?)

> It will be interesting to see what other folks' experiments
> yield.

I'll try out the key assignments you mentioned, and report back.
Is there any downside to having them ?

Jordan