Re: Logon

At 01:10 PM 1/30/01 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>I've never used Win-2000, but I have heard it can be problemmatical for
running
>DOS app.s or some 16-bit Win programs. Supposedly worse for this than NT-4,
>where I have noticed limitations along these lines. I can't get XyWin to

Yes! I wanted to ask about this. I had to do a job at a client's place and
brought my XY3 travel floppy along, which works really great with Win9x in
a DOS window.

But this guy uses Win2000, and XY3 ran like a slug. Never seen anything
like this! Any command would be executed in slow motion, kind of like
sending text over a 300 baud modem, only slower. Horrible! Is there any way
around this?

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)