RE: Dataviz and xyW

Hi all,

I am enjoying this group, although I have to admit, I don't understand most
of the programming. I am still a Xywrite 3.5 user. I work for a company
that refuses (and I don't blame them) to change from Xywrite to anything
else. I personally love it. I love DOS. The problem is hiring people who
freak out when they turn on a computer and see a black screen. We are
becoming more and more limited when we look to hire someone who will attempt
to learn this program, or when we have to farm out work and then convert all
of the documents from Windows, it's almost not worth it.

I suggested to my manager that we get Xywrite Windows. I am not sure
exactly what this is, but have heard some on this group mention it. I guess
the issue is 1) we should at least definitely upgrade to XyWrite 4.0; 2)
what is Xywrite Windows (I'm not sure the exact name of the program) and how
does it work? Is it easy to convert files from XW windows to XY dos?; 3) is
it easy to learn? and 4) can we PURCHASE it? Who sells XyWrite products now
or are they sold at all????

Thanks!

Mimi Gauthier-LeBien