blab school updated

> Date:     Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:49:48 -0400
> From:     leslie bialler
> Subj:     Re: Hoax (Re: [Fwd: Fwd: Fw: [Fwd: FW: New Virus Alert]])

> . . .  this is the age of infobabble. Or should I say just
> babble. I have seen people punching up numbers on cell phones while
> crossing the street. While jaywalking across the street in fact. I
> have been bumped into by pedestrians cellphoning to tell Whoever
> they are right around the corner. I have seen baseball fans sitting
> in the seats just behind home plate, where they are seen on the
> standard shot camera from Center Field cellphoning . . . .

It's called 'telephony'.

I pronounce the word my own way; the phonies don't get it.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle

Ob note: Those who brood about the fate of XyWrite under current
'management' may go to

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/

& read 'The Magic Cauldron', in which Eric S. Raymond expounds on
the economic consequences of keeping source code secret.