Re: xywin cut and paste

William Allen:

I would suggest that, for the sake of simplicity, you store your
special characters in HTML (i.e., SGML) form, such as &ea. for e with
acute accent, if my memory does not fail me, in the Xywrite file.
It can be used directly on the Net. When you want to output it
in normal XyWrite form, all you need is a little XPL program that
automatically converts each special character you use from HTML form
to ASCII form. The program would contain a number of lines like

ci /&ea./[ASCII 130]/

To simplify the job for yourself, make a little file with all the
special ASCII characters you use on separate lines, cut and paste it
into your browser, save that file, and when you open it in XY it will
contain the corresponding HTML codes.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science