Jerky cursor in XP...

>Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:
>you said originally that you had no
>jerky cursor. Why and how that should be is the great mystery. One or
>two other people (at least one of whom was using a custom-assembled
>desktop, with, presumably, completely different hardware) have
>reported that too, though Robert insists they MUST have a jerky
>cursor, they're just not noticing it.

For what it's worth, when I bought a new laptop in October 2006, a Compaq Presario V2555US and my
first XP machine, I noticed a slight delay/jerkiness with the cursor when I worked in Xywrite 3.55.
If this was going to be my main machine I wouldn't have tolerated it, but for the relatively
infrequent times I spend on the road or in libraries doing research the jerkiness was not bothersome
enough to worry about.

Then I decided to use the laptop to receive faxes, and installed the standard fax software that
Microsoft provides. The jerkiness and delayed action increased noticably and made the computer
almost unusable to write in Xywrite. I eventually uninstalled the fax software and lo and behold,
the jerkiness returned to its less than annoying state.

For what it's worth.

Bob
See my books and essays at:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3cxxp/zimbib.htm