From: owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-xywrite@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Paul Breeze
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2002 10:48 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: xy-Wordperfect conversion filter

This may be of interest. While searching for a way of converting from XY4
to other formats I
found and installed a copy of Wordperfect 6.1. It turns out that the
software comes with a
conversion from XY 3.55, 3.56 and 4. The conversion filter is not
automatically installed and you
have to wade through the custom installation routine, then select it
manually, but it seems to be a
better conversion that that with the W4W filters. I found that it was able
to pick up two sets of
footnotes, one configured as an endnote, which none of the other filters
were able to do. All the
W4W filters I have tried have turned these into one or the other. The
filter does get confused by
some formatting - I had to remove the formatting for the footnotes,
otherwise it hung - but it
seems a useful tool to me. Wordperfect will then provide a good conversion
to Word 6.0.

Paul Breeze