Re: Junk - off-topic - solution

Judith Davidsen wrote:

> I've never tried it, but apparently Earthlink offers a form
> of access to your email from outside numbers.

I used it last summer, from outside the country. Worked fine picking up mail,
generated mostly errors sending it -- despite following their posted setup
directions for this to the letter. Apparently something to do with anti-Spam
measures. You are apt to run into such problems when you try to send mail via a
mail gateway other than the one your account is tied to.

There are also a couple web-based email clearinghouses that allow you to access
your mail on the road, even if you don't have a national ISP (like Earthlink), or
your main ISP offers NO roaming arrangements at all, as is the case with mine.
Can provide URLs for these, if anyone wants them.

Jordan