Re: How XyWrite handles keystrokes {VPC report}

Michael Norman wrote:

Since we have become accustomed to Xy's speed -- speed during composition and in all the program's functions -- the VPC solution was disappointing.
For the stuff I do, I see little deterioration in speed using a virtual machine via the VMWare software. Searching for a string located only at the end of a 1.4MB text file, for example, is almost instant.
Or perhaps an SP2 will soon be released for XP and solve this problem, as the latest SP did for w2000.
SP4 for W2000 removes the jerkiness, but doesn't completely solve the problem. There is still an overrun when using the cursor and PgDn/PgUp keys (the action continues to be performed after the key is released), for example. -- Martin J. Osborne Department of Economics 150 St. George Street University of Toronto Toronto M5S 3G7 Canada http://www.economics.utoronto.ca martin.osborne@xxxxxxxx http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne +1 416-978-5094