Re: programming question

Reply to note from "Morris Krok"  Fri, 14 Feb
2003 08:02:44 -0800

Morris:

> In order for this program to check one word after another, it
> makes provision to place shtfind on the command line. Is there
> another way in which this program can accomplish it. You will
> also notice that I did not use BX se ??Q2 when searching for a
> word as it did not work.

Your SEarch command doesn't work with BX because of the func CL
within the command. It serves no useful purpose; omit it. Once you
get rid of the CMline-destroying func BC, there's no need to refresh
the CMline with BC shtfind GT; you can omit the two occurrences of
that. Plus, you have an unnecessary GoLabel command; that can be
avoided by trapping errors with )> instead of >.
I suggest using SE/W instead of "S" wildcards to find whole words.
And there should be a YD before DW, to avoid an error if text is
already DeFined. One other thing: the final  can be omitted in
a U2 frame.

So, without really understanding what this program does, I come out
with the following, which should perform the same function as your
original, while preserving the CMline:

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
{{;5shtfind}}[cr|lf]{002}[BX_]es 1[Q2_][YD_][DW_] {<}SV06{>}[
DE_][YD_][AS_][TF_][BX_]se/w /{<}PV06{>}/[Q2_]{<}IF@not({<}ER
D_][AS_]({<}PV08{>}[CL_]) {002}[cr|lf][cr|lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

By the way, your code has a space after "DW " and two spaces after
"CL )". I'm not sure they're meant to be there, but I didn't delete
them.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx