Re: ASCII 10 ??

>I've been ftp-ing various LaTeX files recently and trying to read the
>.doc and .tex files in XyWrite. These are all ascii files, easily read
>by Emacs editor. With XyWrite, though, the lines to not end properly.
>In expanded mode there appear to be LF's (ascii 10) where the lines
>are supposed to end, but XyWrite ignores them. When I tried to do a CI
>to replace them with a normal XyWrite paragaph end (Ctrl-Enter),
>XyWrite cannot find the characters. They *look* like ASCII 10, but
>aren't. The cursor won't land on them, either (it skips over them).

  I've complained about this before also -- it's just another example of
XY falling further behind the technology curve into that windoz backwater.
You can't read files from unix systems, or OS/2 HPFS files,
there's no pen or voice support, and the bugs in 4.0xx don't
exist.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.