bugs

Here's a bug report:
  Last night I noticed that when you (XY4DOS) hit a letter key
after doing a hard carriage return, the letter you typed appears,
and then the cursor jumps immediately to the next line. It stays
there until you type the next letter of the word, then flies back
up to the proper place, and enters that next letter, and all
succeding letters in their proper place. Very annoying.
I don't know why I didn't notice it before -- but maybe it didn't
do it before. During the same session last night I started
getting those double page end lines again also -- where a page
ends, then you get a couple lines of text, and another page
ending.
  I tried unloading my one tsr (multilex) and that didn't help.
I tried going to straight dos, and that didn't make any
difference -- although I've never really found any difference in
respect to bugs between OS/2 and DOS.
The jumping cursor thing is very much like the jumping cursor
with spell check for an individual word.
  Oh, and another thing it did --- the mysterious hanging
happened again, only this time, the cursor kept on moving along
as I typed, only nothing appeared as text until later.
  I just tried the jumping cursor thing again this morning, it
still does it. Seems to be permanent. Maybe I just never noticed
before because I normally don't type just one letter and then sit there.
  Another thing I've noticed since the 4.016 upgrade is a
problem with doing ^shift c for centering. It's quite flakey.
Before it was not actually moving over to the center until you
typed your "sincerely" or whatever, and hit the enter key. Now,
since the jumping cursor thing started, it does jump over
immediately -- but it also takes any words on that same line
entered before it over to the center with it.
  So maybe the jumping cursor is a new weirdness. What's going
on here?

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question, and the
answer is NO.