Re: Re[2]: ALT Key Thanks and Some TTG Questions

TO Carter Campbell: Actually we have made no decisions one way
or another about an equation editor for the Windows product
either. We are looking into whether we will bundle one or
simply do what we have done in DOS, namely identify (and perhaps
sell) third-party products that are compatible with ours.

Bundling essentially means that we would pay to license an
equation editor for inclusion in all copies of XyWrite, and our
preliminary market analysis tells us that a relatively small
portion of our users really have a need for it.  Obviously
whether or not to do that depends on what it costs to license the
 code, but as a practical matter, since we could not raise the
price of XyWin just because it has an equation editor, it ends
up as a net cost to us. If having it sells that many more
copies that it offsets the cost, then a bundle makes sense.

Probably more than you wanted to hear, but those are the kinds of
things we weigh. To make a long story short (too late, as one
of my friends would say), I doubt we will bundle an equation
editor into the DOS product.

K.