Re: Search engine

** Reply to message from "Morris Krok"  on Sun, 8 Dec 2002
10:49:17 -0800

Morris:

Thank you for your response.

>         It is very interesting to hear about the search engine. Will
> it be available only to members of the group

To anyone who wishes to use it. Public.

> and what type of information do
> you require - that is, is it only related to e-mails that have been sent by
> members, or other general topics on XyWrite that may have been included in
> e-mails.

I don't understand the distinction between Emails sent by members, and the
content of Emails. What I want are raw, unedited Email _files_, preferably in
the POP format. And, from the periods and sources that I requested, I desire a
complete record of all messages, not just to or from one user, but from all
users and participants.

I do not want private messages, or any texts that were never messages.

That said, if anyone has even partial or fragmentary collections of messages
from, say, the XyQuest BBS, or the Word Processing BBS, perhaps retained as a
XyWrite file, *please* pass them on. It may be too much to hope for a complete
archive from those (1980s, early 1990s) periods.

> Another question. Does U2 have a program that can produce priced
> invoices with totals and sales tax.

Ah, those things look so much better when you hand-write them, don't you think?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx