RE: XyWin Unresponsive

Peter,

It's been so long since I've actually installed any of the XyWrites that
I'm not sure now which one this was (IV I think), but it balked and
mentioned a CD drive, so I simply put a random CD in the drive and
re-attempted the install. It went fine after that. Whether this would
help with a XyWin install, I have no idea. Seems to me that XyWin was
expecting a Win3x directory structure and I wasn't able to get past that
whenever I've tried.

-BrianH.

-----Original Message----- From: Peter Cassidy

Xymaestras and Xymasters,

I've been merrily Xying along with Xy4 for some time after Xywin refused

to boot years ago now - but this quarter I have a project in which
copying with quick CNTRL-C in Xywrite and pasting with CNTRL-V in Word
(forgive me) would be really useful. Xywin is still dead and I can't get

a fresh reinstall to take. The install routine complains that drives D,
E, F, G, H, I and J (I have a multimedia/multimemorystick reader that
reports out a number of logically-assigned drives; D is the CD-ROM
drive) are unavailable or otherwise undesirable.

What's a prodigal WinXyer to do?

Peter