scenarios have been better debugged by the VM manufacturers?

Sender: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx

The only virtualization system that currently supports DOS and folder
sharing (DOS additions) is MS VirtualPC 2007 with VPC DOS additions
2004. All other systems (VMWare, VBox etc.) are isolated and more
suitable for playing games than for manipulating information that can be
easily exported or shared. Theoretically you could install networking,
but it is not for the faint of heart. Freedos has networking and there
are ready-to-run networked packages
(http://lazybrowndog.net/freedos/virtualbox/), but it will not run Win 3.1.

>> I would never attempt to run two different VMs at the same time.
But that _could be_ a different matter from having them both installed
into the same Win-7, with both being available.

It is possible to run two different virtualization systems, when the
only one of the systems is based on hardware virtualization. I do this
with VirtualPC (DOS + Win 3.1) running in soft mode and VirtualBox (W2K)
running in hardware mode.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)