Re: You tell me!

Leslie B quotes Morris K and writes:

> "What I would like to know has anyone written a program that will
> convert first person into third person. Recently I had to change a 5
> pages into third person and it was rather tedious."
>
> If you knew the third person was always he, all you need do is this:
>
> BX cva /I /he /Q2. But why write the program? Do it from the command
> line and have done with it.

That would work in many situations, I suppose, but I took Morris' question to
mean he wanted to change all first-person contexts to third person -- such as
"I am" to "he is" and "I thought" to "he thinks," etc.
Considering all
possible regular and irregular verb conjugations, I'd say this is a job for
an editor, not a program. Thank God we're not entirely obsolete!

Jeff