Re: Question About Ibid

Dear SysOp: Why this bottleneck about "editorial content"? I wholeheartedly
agree that you shouldn't discuss the why and where-to of XyWrite, because you
don't have the clout to do anything one way or the other -- no SysOp ever has.
That's been the most frustrating thing for those of us who try, and have tried
hard for *years*, to communicate to XyQuest/TTG in this arena -- but in fact
just commiserate with a powerless techie and our thoughts never get forwarded
up. It's like scribbling on running water. BUT! It's high time SOMEONE
holding authority at TTG learned how to use a modem and TALKED to us!! Why
have TTG "brass" been so wholly unwilling to hear us -- their most devoted,
most knowledgable, most willing fans servants & masters? Why have they NEVER
poked a nose in here? If they're afraid we won't be cordial, they misjudge!
But why do *we* have to go to Baltimore to talk to *them*? Why do *we* have to
Snail a letter to Kenneth Frank, when he *owns* this BBS and can just READ THE
E-MAIL TRAFFIC! (Why does Baltimore hog the 9600 baud modem and do nothing
with it, while we're stuck with this piece of junk?) Well, I *know* the answer
to all these questions, and it's this: Baltimore doesn't give one damn about
us. Out of sight, out of mind. It's absolutely incredible. You'd think this
guy was Bill Gates, too busy sealing lucrative deals or too successful to care.
The BBS is a reasonable, civil, logical place. Besides, we *all* want to hear
what TTG has to say. Something is fundamentally wrong. Please don't tell me
that shaping this product isn't the purpose of the BBS, because plainly
XyWrite's philosophical and technical direction *is* something we want to talk
about!