Re: Mention of XY/OS2 in Nexis search -Reply

What he means is that there is a beastie called "Developers API
Extensions (DAPIEX)" that IBM has. It translates about 700
commonly used Windows and Win32 function calls into their
OS/2 equivalents. From what I've seen, it means that one
recompiles the source code with DAPIEX, and out pops an
application for OS/2.  There is still some hand-coding and
fiddling that needs to be done, but apparently it allows a typical
windows application to be ported to OS/2 with about 80-90
percent of the source code intact.

I have a friend whose firm ported a win 3.1 application to win
95/nt, and it took them six months. They then used DAPIEX to
port the same 3.1 code to OS/2, and it took about a week.

Your mileage, of course, may vary.

Steve

P.S. - Kenny, how about an update on what gives with The Word
Processor Formerly Known as XyWrite? Any word when/if/to
whom it wil go into betatest?

>>> Kenneth Frank  09/18/96 09:39am >>>
I don't understand what you mean when you said "all TTG or any
other
software provider has to do is simply recompile their product..."
Recompile with what?

K.