Re: Unicomp Keyboard with left function keys

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Wed, 07 Dec 2016
23:18:56 -0500

> For those who use PC, not Mac, AutoHotkey allows reprogramming of
> any key to any series of keystrokes--and to much, much more.

I second Harry -- and will add that, for reprogramming keys, AutoHotkey
is head-and-shoulders better than AutoIt (the latter, however, being
the superior general-purpose Windows scripting language). My experience
with AutoIt is that reprogrammed keys, a/k/a hotkeys, wreak havoc with
the system -- shifting keys "stick" like crazy -- and the documented
fixes are unreliable. Not to mention that the syntax for setting
hotkeys is byzantine. With AutoHotkey, on the other hand, it's easy --
and, more important, it works.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx