Re: conversion from XyWrite to word

Really? Have you tried saving the files as a Word 6.0 file? And/or Have
you removed any ≪pg≫ codes in the XyWrite file?

That's all I can think of. Over to you, Patricia.

Fredric Gross wrote:

Leslie -- Unfortunately, the filters bundled w/ XY4 are great for converting TO XyWrite, but when converting FROM Xywrite tend to make each line of output a separate page, making the filters functionally useless for converting, as Avi wants, from Xywrite to Word. Fred ----- Original Message ----- From: "Leslie Bialler" To: Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 3:13 PM Subject: Re: conversion from XyWrite to word
ACII: That would be Wordport. I use this program too. There were filters bundled with the legal install package of Xy4 for Dos. If that's what you have, then you have the filters also. Blueberry Software: That goes back to the 1980s. I had no idea it was still around. It could convert to Xy3 and maybe later versions can convert to Xy4. Fredric Gross wrote:
I use an old version of Advanced Computer Innovations' filter, available at http://www.acii.com/. Blueberry Software's Filtrix, which I have never used, claims it can convert XY3 . Hope this helps. Fred Gross ----- Original Message ----- From: sacksa@xxxxxxxx mailto:sacksa@xxxxxxxx To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 1:38 PM Subject: conversion from XyWrite to word Does there exist a program that converts (or nearly converts) a XyWrite document into Word? I can manually do this by calling up a XyWrite file in Word and using "find/replace" to get rid of the formatting commands. I must then insert bold and italicized formatting by hand. Is there anything available out there that would do this for me? -- Avi Avram Sacks Chicago, Ill
-- Leslie Bialler, Columbia University Press lb136@xxxxxxxx 61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023 212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup