Re: Printing from Xywrite under VMWare

At 03/04/2014 18:08, you wrote:
I think this might a non-starter. There very little support for DOS programs in VMware. VMware is geared to more modern systems, and the printer subsystem is part of the guest additions (VMware tools). There are no guest additions for DOS in VMware. . . . .

Kari, a couple of questions if you have time to answer:
1. What was the last OS that would just let Xy4 print? (Didn't it print under XP?) 2. Could you just tyf to a file and then print the stream in Notepad or something more advanced? 3. Is it possible in native W2K to print easily (i.e. with Xy4 print drivers and no GhostScript)?
4. If 3. is possible, wouldn't that work in the VM?
5. Is it possible that some port needs to be switched or reassigned? As I remember it, Xy4 documents just showed up in the XP or lower printers ? ? ? Might it just be that the stream has to be diverted from parallel to serial port? something like that? 6. What are the VMs that have support for DOS printing? I am assuming that VPC 2007 would be preferred . . . are there other choices?