Re: Getting the right W2K version

Thank you, Kari! Any reason I shouldn't use Parallels Desktop for Windows,
with which I'm more familiar than VMware, to create the virtual machine?

--Harry

Harry, You have the right disk. There are four service packs and one "Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4 (KB891861)". The latter is needed for installing VMware tools (guest-host integration). All can be downloaded from MS. Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 Network Install for IT Professionals (contains all 4 SPs): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4127 Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4 (needed for using VMware tools): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18997 Latest MS browser for W2K is a must: Cumulative Update for Internet Explorer 6 SP1 (KB916281) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6624 Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/ 1.4.2014 17:42, Harry Binswanger wrote:
Jesus, there are flavors of W2K? Mine just says "Professional Edition." Do you know the status of that? Thanks. --Harry
Regarding my Easy Install project for W2K and VMware, I encountered a slight hitch last night. I had assumed that any ISO install disk of W2K that was marked SP4 would include the very latest and greatest. The trouble-free ISO I used, which I downloaded from BitTorrent, is marked "Windows 2000 SP4 Final 2011 Edition (all updates)" I had not realized that 'all updates' is a very important qualifier.