Re: help needed

well, my problem DOES now seem to be the keyboards. I fished out an ancient omnikey plus last night, which has dip switches, and everything’s back to normal. I’ve been a longtime user of northgate keyboards with the extra row of shift function SF keys; and the cvt/avant stellar and omnikey ultra keyboards that followed northgates⬦heavy steel, great tactile keyboards that take me back to my newsroom days on manual royals and underwoods.

been getting them refurbished by a bob tibbets, lovely guy in new york state; and tibbets removes
the ’chip’ that is in the post dip switch keyboards; and for some reason I do not
understand, these chipless boards screw up with xywrite as I’ve detailed. tibbets says the
chips cause problems, is why he removes them.

now a mystery is that both my chipless keyboards initially worked fine when i got them from bob; but
then they malfunctioned.

going to work with tibbets to get to the bottom of this. he can put chips back in them (I
don’t even know what the chips do), and try to get to the bottom of this.

I actually have some cvs/avant stellar software that claims to be able to alter the
’shifted’ functions of their keyboards, but not even sure now how to boot it up.

but I also think that replacing my xywrite files with what carl sent me made a difference.

stay tuned and thanks much for all your advice and support. can’t believe I have SEVEN
keyboards!