Re: Speed?

Harmon Seaver wrote:
   "I absolutely agree that XY4 is faster than anything else on
the market, but it   definitely is slower in loading, at least,
than XY3. That is understandable due to the size difference of the
executables..."

I don't think the difference in loading is due to executable
size, but instead to loading of the bistream fonts. In Windows
we added a default to suppress loading of the fonts if you don't
care to load them; I don't think that is in Xy4, but it may be.
I'll check, since they are not really of use if you don't use
Graphics view.

   "...but there is also a text input slowdown that I
experience quite regularly, in   XY4 that wasn't in XY3. It's more
of a bug, really, I suppose, when the keyboard    acts like it is
locked all of a sudden, and then after a moment (of varying
length) the keystrokes you entered appear on the screen."

I'm not aware of anything like that. Are you sure you don't have
autosave turned on? When it is on, periodically (at the
interval you specify) the editor writes out the autosave.tmp
file, and if you are typing at the time it does interrupt you
for a moment while it does that. If you are not aware that is
happening it could seem like the symptom you describe. Otherwise
I have no idea what you are experiencing.

K.